What is self-care Sunday? It is taking this day and time for yourself. After spending the entire week dragging ourselves from meeting to office to class to obligation, it is slowing down, doing something you love, something to replenish your energy and make you feel great. Weekends can be filled with fun, like brunches or night’s out, but these can actually end up leaving us feeling more depleted. We enter the week feeling more exhausted than ever and are just playing catch-up until the next weekend.
Taking Sunday to relax and recharge can do wonders for you and your upcoming week. Here are some self-care Sunday ideas, but feel free to do them any day!
- Enjoy a warm cup of tea or coffee, and I mean really sit and enjoy it, find a space outside or a comfy chair.
- Enjoy a morning workout, like Yoga or a run/walk outdoors. Something that is a little more in touch than your typical workout. Black Swan Yoga has studios in San Antonio, Austin, Houston and Dallas as well as BSYTV which you can do from home. Use code JAIMEE for a free trial month!
- Spend some quality time with family or friends, something that lets you unplug from your device and devote to just them and vice versa.
- Take time to read a book or magazine.
- Buy flowers for your space, work and or home. Flowers always make any space and people more cheerful.
- Do something creative, painting, scrap-booking, playing an instrument, decorating, whatever gets your creativity flowing.
- Cook or bake, for no reason, without the pressure of anyone waiting for it to be done.
- Spend some time with mother nature, hiking, taking a walk, sitting under the trees or just outside.
- Meal prep or plan out some meals and snacks, this really helps to set the tone for the week. It helps you stay a bit more on track when you have a plan and or meals ready.
- Take a bath, relax in a tub with bath bomb or bath soak. I recently posted a photo on my instagram with my self-care Sunday bath time, it included a bath bomb, book and beverage.
- Enjoy a Spa Day at home, this is our favorite! Dry brushing, jade rolling, face masks, gua sha, scrubs, we are a fan of all of them.
- Enjoy a manicure or pedicure, or give yourself your own. We have the most wonderful colors of Sundays 10-free nail polish. Freshly painted nails instantly makes you feel happier and put together.
- Meditate, Sundays are a great day to try this amazing ritual. There are many apps to guide you through a 5 to 30 minute mediation session.
- A TV marathon. Binge watching gets a bad rap, but sometimes it is exactly what you need. Cuddled up mindlessly watching your favorite show, um yes please!
- Goals and planning. Mondays are much better and more productive with a clear plan and goals set. This can by simply jotting the things you want to accomplish for the week, and then breaking them down for Monday.
We will also be making Sundays a bit better with our newly rolled out Self-Care Sunday Sale. Each and every Sunday we will announce, via Instagram and Facebook, a sale on a product or group of products to be taken advantage of that Sunday. We hope it helps make your Sundays a little sweeter!
Cheers to rest, relaxation and recharging!